FTP only user

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by todvard, Mar 10, 2006.

1. todvard

todvard New Member

Hi,

how can i create FTP-only user within ISPConfig? Second question is, how can i change home directory for this FTP-only user to one folder under his site-s directory (eg.: /var/www/webxx/web/secretfolder).
    Now i have created a regular user in ISPConfig then i have rewrote home directory for this user in /etc/passwd file (eg.: renamed /var/www/webxx/user/webxx_user2 to /var/www/webxx/web/secretfolder). Is this ok or is there a better solution to achieve my purpose? If this is the only solution whats gonna happen if i am changing something on this account (lets say the display name)? Will the ISPConfig create system folders (Maildir, web, ect) in the new home again for this user or rename back the user's home folder in /etc/passwd?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig will rename back the users home directory if you cahnge something in the ISPConfig interface.

A better solution might be to create the system user manually on the shell and then add the username o the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users to prevent ISPConfig from using the username.