FTPS error

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by misterm, Dec 11, 2007.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Looks ok. As far as I know, FTP-TLS uses port 21, so I'm not sure why this isn't working for you...

2. Allmight

Allmight New Member

Neither do i. I finally managed to get passive mode working, but i had to open some high TCP ports for it to work. But i guess i just have to forget active mode.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to help me out. I apreciate it very much.

3. post-plink

post-plink New Member

Port 21

Hi all..
    i've just finished my fresh installation of proftpd, followed tutorial STEP BY STEP but no tls login.

my problem was due to the use of port 21.

change it to 2021 (just an example) and restart proftpd

4. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Well I have to carry out that thread... I just migrated from vsftpd to proftpd.

Unfortunately ftps does not work, as I got the message "auth not undestood" for "auth tls" and "auth ssl", as some others mentioned on page 2 of this thread.

But what I am wondering is, if the debian etch package is carried out with mod_tls.c or not as proftd -l does not indicate this module to be builtin.
    But even omitting the "ifmodule" in the config does not help or throw an error either. Also the tls.log is not beeing created. proftpd -t indicates mod_tls to be loaded....

Does anyone still has the same problem with proftpd using debian etch?