G Suite with ISPC help needed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Turbanator, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

Current setup is multi server debian jessie with SOGo for webmail/calendar and about 300 users.
    Considering moving to G Suite for email and keeping ISPC for web and dns.
    First, is there a how to? I searched but looking for "g" is tough.
    Second, what would we lose? We use email alias and forward lists in ISPC right now. Should I assume that all users will be created in g Suite and I won't have any users setup in ISPC? Will I lose alias and forward lists capability? When I setup users, how will I xfer their existing gigs of emails into G Suite? Anything I'm not thinking of?

Any guidance is appreciated.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I never used gsuite, but I guess that's how it works. Your mail server is at google then, so the mail domain and everything that belongs to it in the ISPConfig mail module must be removed.

As stated above, I never used gsuite. But it probably provides an imap account so you might use a tool like imapsync tocopy over the emails. Just ensure that you don't Delete the mail domain and accounts in ISPConfig before you transferred all data :)

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am using it via relay. Just set your relayhost to [smtp-relay.gmail.com]:587. Note that you must turn on 2-steps verification for it to work. Depending on your subscription, it got certain limits in sending mails.

4. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Mine is G Suit. G App (free gmail) cannot do relay any more. Should be 1 5 5 10 10 for the time and you must turn on 2-steps verification for it to work as stated earlier.