Generate DKIM Private-key empty

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by progressed36, Feb 21, 2021.

1. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Hi there,
    When i want to generate a dkim private-key under EMAIL > DOMAIN > DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) it generates empty results. Also where already is a dkim in place, when i click the button it will empty out the Priate Key.

Anybody knows where i should look?

2. progressed36

progressed36 Member

PS: Its a multiserver setup with multiple mailservers, and it does not matter which mailserver i select.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check global apache error.log file.

4. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Code:
    mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  unlink(../../temp/random-data.bin): Permission denied in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/ajax_get_json.php on line 60,

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

6. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Im using php 7.4 as default cli php

7. progressed36

progressed36 Member

8. till

The master server is sufficient in this case. Please post the result of:

ls -la /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/temp/random-data.bin

9. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Code:
    ls: cannot access '/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/temp/random-data.bin': No such file or directory

10. till

Ok, so the permission denied error is probably just a symptom that the file could not be created in the first place. One possible reason that i can think of is that program execution might be disabled (exec) so that openssl could not be called to create the dkim key.

progressed36 likes this.
  11. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Ok i went back to the stable version (instead of nightly) of ispconfig, ran a update.php and reconfigured services. After that it seems to work as designed.

12. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should have stated right at the beginning you are not running the stable version of softwares. Would save time for the people helping you.

13. progressed36

progressed36 Member

There was a brief period that nightlies were in the perfect server howto's, so i didn't even know it was running a nightly. Love the nightly builds but it became unworkable so ill stick to the stables from now on.

14. troggie

troggie New Member

Hi all.

I have only been using stable releases and I have got the exact same error from the apache2.log

15. troggie

troggie New Member

Sorry guys. I ran an update with --force and it seem to have solved the issue