Global email domain

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Peter Arany, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Peter Arany

Peter Arany New Member

Our company has a hosting service. We give subdomain to all our clients. Also, we would like to give email addresses to clients who has no private domain.
    These email addresses looks like:

username[at]domain.tld

I could manage that the clients can see only them own email address under Email/Email Mailbox. They don't see the domain under the Email/Domain.
    (with: UPDATE `mail_user` SET `sys_groupid` = '384' WHERE mailuser_id='285' limit 1;)

My problem is when they try to change password or setup email forward, they can't do that because the "domain form select" is empty.

I can manage to add the domain to "global" with set in mysql `sys_perm_other` = 'ru':

UPDATE `mail_domain` SET `sys_perm_other` = 'ru' WHERE domain_id='37' limit 1;

But the problem is if I do that all the clients can delete the main domain under Email/Domain.

Is there an elegant way to add the domain to globally but in "read only" mode?

So they would be able to change password, add email forward but they can't delete/modify the "main" domain?

And another question: what is the difference between the `ru` and `ruid` flags?

2. Peter Arany

Peter Arany New Member

I think I have found a solution, can anyone validate it please?
    So the "global domain" looks like this in database:
    +-----------+------------+-------------+---------------+----------------+----------------+-----------+------------+------+---------------+--------------+-------------+--------+
    | domain_id | sys_userid | sys_groupid | sys_perm_user | sys_perm_group | sys_perm_other | server_id | domain | dkim | dkim_selector | dkim_private | dkim_public | active |
    +-----------+------------+-------------+---------------+----------------+----------------+-----------+------------+------+---------------+--------------+-------------+--------+
    | 37 | 1 | 0 | ruid | r | r | 1 | domain.tld | n | default | | | y |
    I have modified the sys_groupid from ru to r and also I added a r flag to sys_perm_other.

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

the letters represent capabilities: r = read, u = update, i = insert, d = delete