HDD Quota Expected Behavior?

Discussion in 'General' started by sunghost, Aug 10, 2016.

1. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    i have a question about the Website Harddisk Quota shown on Admin Site. I configured a Site for customer with 10.00MB HDD Quota. The Customer Website self in Customer Panelpage was wrongly configured with 1.000MB HDD Quota. Now i see on Admin-Panel-Side a Quota at 1.000MB instead as i expected of 10.000MB. Is that the way the HDD Quota is shown on ISPConfig Admin Panel Site, or is this a Bug?
    thx

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Works fine here on several servers, so there is no bug. It depends on which list you looked as there are lists for the client limits and lists for the website quota. If you really looked at the website quota list then this list shows the direct output of the Linux repquota command, so if it shos a value of 1000 there, then you either did not wait until the list got updated (which is not realtime, satistics gets gathered between 5 minutes up to several hours, depending of the measured value) or the Linux quota could not be set or updated on yoursystem with setquota command.

3. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi Till,
    sorry for answering late, but i am very busy the last days and now. Before i will answer yours direct, I have a question about the result / behavior of exceeding the given Websitequota. I asked because, i create a new Customer with new Website and set Quota less then needed. First i could see the website in the browser but later after deleting some cache inside the webfolder, no new files could created and i couldnt call the website. All cache files have Zero Size. So is that the result of exceeding the Quota?

4. till

That's how Linux Harddisk quota works. It limits the amount of files that you can store on the harddisk. If this file is a PHP file or a cache file or whatever does not matter.

5. sunghost

sunghost Member

Ok, i thought that too, but found not this answer in the net in a short time of searching. Thx. Is there a time how often the quota is checked and where can i find this? Is there a way too show instead of an empty page an Errorpage?

6. till

Linux quota is realtime, it is part of the filesystem driver.

This is an issue of the of the website /
    cms that you use and not directly related to ISPConfig or Linux quota.

7. sunghost

sunghost Member

Thx for helping. I understand and will read more about linux quota. Thx Till for your answers.