Help me about this...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cybereatl, Jan 21, 2006.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi there, I got a question about webhost manager server:

As far as the server is connected directly from ISP switch, we got 3 static IP addresses and our bandwith is 512, we planned to host some domains such as .com, .net, .info and .edu.co.

How can we access our server from Intranet to upload courses, we are using moodle and our courses are about 300MB and some of them more because they include video, simulation, recording, docs, etc... If we try to do it accesing by ftp using internet we will take for ever in upload a course.

If we set a 4 port router (D-Link DI-524) and have them to set virtual server the server will have 192.168.0.150:80 / 80 how webhost manager will work not having direct access to Public IP ?? or there is no problem.(I find out that there is some issues with ftp's)

If does has a problem, if we use a 24 port switch we can use their software to configure those ports and have server and station networked still having server PublicIP address accesing webhost manager server.

If you can help me out with those matters will be very helpfull.

Thanks a lot;)

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please clarify: Is your server now connected directly to the internet, or is it behind a router? Does it have one or two network interfaces? Is it in a data center or in your office/at home?

3. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Ok, is on my office and is connected directly to Internet, is not behind a router and has an onboard network card.
    Thanks

4. falko

So this means your server has only a public IP address. Therefore you cannot set up an intranet - you must use your internet connection to transfer the files.

5. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Well am using a webhost manager software so the server got two static ip addresses, but today I just find out about Astaro Firewall, so probably I'll load up a machine with that software and stick 2, 3Com cards.

Also I got a chance to test a 16 port switch compex PS2216 1B http://www.cpx.com/products.asp?c=Switches so I can use this switch to configure port and set more bandwith to main server and manage other pc's.

But also I've seen this model: SAS2224B http://www.cpx.com/products.asp?c=Switches&d=&page=2

Whic one you guys recommend me as the best option for managing webserver and intranet access.

Thank you

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  6. falko

I don't know these switches so I can't give a recommendation. But basically any switch should do.