Help required in setting up RDNS

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Addicted, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Addicted

Addicted New Member

Basically i have a dedicated server

but to match RDNS AND HELO record i have to contact my webhosting company to update RDNS records for my Ip

Like current incorrect record for one IP is :

IP: 162.144.157.21
    HELO: mta1.breadbutter.co.in
    rDNS: 162-144-157-21.unifiedlayer.com

there is mismatch between RDNS AND HELO as per current record

As i dont have access to their server and i have to ask them to change the rdns to mta1.breadbutter.co.in

But my concern is that they are not co-operating me and at all

So i went ahead and changed my HELO to 162-144-157-21.unifiedlayer.com

this solves my RDNS / HELO mismatch

but now in email tester i got one new error

Error is :

We didn't find a mail server (A Record) behind your hostname 162-144-57-21.unifiedlayer.com.

We check if there is a mail server (A Record) behind your hostname 162-144-57-21.unifiedlayer.com.
    You may want to publish a DNS record (A type) for the hostname 162-144-57-21.unifiedlayer.com or use a different hostname in your mail software.

I went ahead and added a forward zone for 162-144-57-21.unifiedlayer.com to IP address but now system is ignoring this and i am getting this error

Modifying Zone breadbutter.co.in

/tmp/cpanel.TMP.work._tos7pAE_mOQ2lWg:49: ignoring out-of-zone data (162-144-196-12.unifiedlayer.com) /tmp/cpanel.TMP.work._tos7pAE_mOQ2lWg:50: ignoring out-of-zone data (162-214-23-131.unifiedlayer.com) /tmp/cpanel.TMP.work._tos7pAE_mOQ2lWg:51: ignoring out-of-zone data (162-144-57-21.unifiedlayer.com) /tmp/cpanel.TMP.work._tos7pAE_mOQ2lWg:52: ignoring out-of-zone data (62-144-205-155.unifiedlayer.com) /tmp/cpanel.TMP.work._tos7pAE_mOQ2lWg:53: ignoring out-of-zone data (162-144-202-190.unifiedlayer.com) zone breadbutter.co.in/IN: loaded serial 2016021102 OK
    Bind reloading on 162-214-23-131 using rndc zone: [breadbutter.co.in]

Reconfiguring Mail Routing:
    LOCAL MAIL EXCHANGER: This server will serve as a primary mail exchanger for breadbutter.co.in's mail.: This configuration has been manually selected.

I want to know what is workaround for my issue if any exists if my hosting provider is not supporting me at all

2nd thing how ti fix this error ignoring out-of-zone data

2. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Did you test your mail setup by just sending mail from your host? Or did you just an actual configured domain with authentication like from [email protected] where bar.wine has corresponding MX record set to your hostname and SPF and such configured?
    You probably won't be able to send mail with your hostnames domain I'm afraid.
    If you can't change RDNS consider an other hosting company, if possible - that's what I would defnitly do - setting RDNS is a very basic task which should be available at any good company - at least per request.