help with a web page

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by dragos, Jun 12, 2006.

1. dragos

dragos New Member

hello,

I've just made my load balanced mysql cluster work. now I have a php web page that uses a mysql database and I need to make it work through this load balanced cluster. can anybody help me with this? please! :(

thank you!

PS: I know, I know .... I'm realy dumb!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What exactly is your problem?

3. dragos

dragos New Member

I have a php web page that uses a mysql database. I've never worked with Linux OS and I don't know where to put the web page on a server to make it work. I have little experience with Windows and Apache for Windows.
    I want to know in what root folder should I put the web page, what file shall I modify and on wich server/servers(from the load balanced mysql cluster) should this be done.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not sure if a mysql cluster is the right enviroment to become familar with linux, as the cluster need special database table types etc.

To run PHP pages on your server, you need a webserver setupt with apache or apache2 and mod_php installed.

The easiest way to get this kind of setup is to follow one of the perfect setup guides on howtoforge and install ISPConfig. These setups include also mysql, but not as cluster.

5. dragos

dragos New Member

I know. But now is to late. I have to do this for a school project and I wanted to know if somebody could help me. I'd really appreciate it.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The default Apache document root on Debian is /var/www, so you should put your HTML/PHP files there.