host site at same domain as ISPConfig server?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by amoswright, Jan 13, 2006.

1. amoswright

amoswright New Member

Hi All,

Finally everything working thanks to this foum! Now, I want to do something basic and am likely missing something obvious.

I want to set up a site at the same domain that I use for the ISPConfig server. Can this be done?

It's www.bathskatepark.org, and it is registered and forwarded by yahoo.com to my router's static IP...

So, I thought in the admin panel of ISPConfig I'd set up a new site, and give it the bathskatepark.org domain, but then of course that gives the message "domain in use".

Do I need another domain to host a site?

Random infor that may or may not help:
    When I go to http://www.bathskatepark.org I see the Fedora Core test page. I have my ISPConfig Web URL set to the IP given by the router 192.168.1.199:81

Thanks!!
    Amos

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dont use the domain you used to setup the server as vhost in ISPConfig or you might get problems with postfix.

Its better to give your server a name like server1.bathskatepark.org if you want to have a vhost with www.bathskatepark.org

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can use the search function in ISPConfig to find out which other site (also sites in the recycle bin) is using that domain.