How can I change the backup schedule of sites in ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wagner.nardin, Jul 17, 2015.

1. wagner.nardin

wagner.nardin New Member

Hi,

I'm new to the ISPconfig3, and would like to change the backup schedule of all websites hosted on the panel.
    How can I do it?

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Open the Backup-Tab for evey website or set the backup-interval in the database in the table web_domain with phpmyadin or direct in mysql.

3. wagner.nardin

wagner.nardin New Member

sorry, I did not explain right!
    I need make only one backup per day, which start promptly at 20:00hs.
    I understand I need to change the time the backup job starts at cron.
    but do not know how.

4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can run cron_daily at 20:00. But this will also create the statistics etc. at 20:00. If you really need Backups at a different time, you can copy cron_daily.php to backu.php and remove the backup-part from cron_daily and leave only the backups in backup.php

5. minttux

minttux Member

where is cron_daily.php?

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php

7. minttux

minttux Member

also where is backup.php
    i would like to change backup time

8. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

backup.php does not exist yet, you would create it by copying cron_daily.php to backup.php, and then removing the backup code from cron_daily.php.

Note you would need to add your own cronjob entry to run backup.php at 20:00, and you would also have to change cron_daily.php again if you update ispconfig. It looks like ispconfig 3.1's cron_daily.php is empty, so these instructions won't apply if/when you update to that.

9. minttux

minttux Member

thanks i will try it.
    maybe it was better to determine time of backup (for admin) in panel also client could take their backups and take the responsibility of their data