How can I use email addresses for usernames

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by skeeta, Aug 25, 2005.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Not yet...

2. willcee

willcee New Member

okay... we'll see..! i think i schouldnt be a problem to make some changes in horde so that it accepts e-mail adresses!

If i understood this correct, i can enter the email adresse then i must make a SQL query to get the username, that fits to the entered email address. and give the username to the system. i would say its not so complicated as it seems?

thanks for all

3. falko

It's not that difficult. Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9684&postcount=5

4. willcee

willcee New Member

hi i tried to insert your code from above into horde IMP. and adapted the variable $f_email into $imapuser. so i think it should be possible to access IMP. Or does anyone know whether i must adapt some other things in the code?

when i want to submit my login informations in horde IMP i see the following errors.

Code:
    Notice: Undefined index: s in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php on line 53

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class db_mysql in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 32
    do anyone know this error messages and can help me out?

5. falko

This is just a notice, nothing serious. You should use a higher error level in your php.ini then that message will not appear anymore.

It seems as if you've declared the db_mysql class somewhere earlier in your code.

6. willcee

willcee New Member

but where? i cant find it. its a normal horde/Imp installation. an there i include the code you gave me above.
    so there shouldnt be a class called db_mysql?!

thanks for all

willcee

7. falko

Maybe Horde also uses a class called db_mysql?

8. willcee

willcee New Member

hi you all, its me again,

im now trying to set up virtual hosts, like described in the tutorial above. but it seems to me that only the server admin can set up email accounts using phpmyadmin. is there a way that users can set up email addresses by themselves?

cheers willcee

9. falko

You can write a PHP web application that allows you to do this. It gives you the freedom to tailor it to your needs. :)