How do I compile domxml and gettext=

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by maxx, Jun 25, 2006.

1. maxx

maxx New Member

How do I compile domxml and gettext. Can find help anywhere. I just need these so I can start using Horde. And when I get it to work I will post instructions here.

Thanks guys.

- Maxx

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you want to install horde on the ISPConfig apache webserver on port81?

3. maxx

maxx New Member

Thanks for your answer Till.

Yes Im trying to install to https and 81. But I can install it another place too if its more simpler that way.

So it doesnt matter.

- M

4. till

I recommend to not install software under the apache on port 81 that needs other PHP modules compiles in.

You will have to twaek the ISPConfig installer every time you update your installation.

DomXML is avaialable in the development realeses but gettext will not be avaialble in ISPConfig.

The easier way will be to install Horde in a normal webspite on your server so it runs with the PHP version that comes with your linux distribution and not the ISPConfig PHP.

5. maxx

maxx New Member

Yes I noticed that.

Im doing the installation to a normal folder. And Ill post settings/instructions here when Im finished.

Thanks for your reply.

- M

6. torusturtle

torusturtle Member

Where do I find this folder for a normal website?
    Can it be managed through ISPConfig so that it is accessable from the internet?

Thanks!

7. till

With normal folder he means the root folder of a website that you created in ISPConfig.

8. torusturtle

torusturtle Member

Do I get you right that ISPConfig uses it's own PHP in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/
    and sites in /var/www/webXY/web/ use the one from the system?

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's right.