How do I tell the version of a current install of ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by stargazer, Jun 30, 2007.

1. stargazer

stargazer Member HowtoForge Supporter

I installed ISPConfig a couple of years ago, I believe, and I want to create a test box to see what will happen when I do an update (Debian Sarge to Debian Etch, ISPConfig v??? to whatever is stable now).

Also, is there an archive of old versions of ISPConfig?

Thanks,

Rod

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You find the version number in ISPconfig uder Tools > Software version.

You will find all ISPConfig versions at sourceforge.

3. stargazer

stargazer Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks

I was actually looking for a programmatic way to find it, but you helped a lot as I was able to find the version number with grep. The version I have will find it via:

grep 'server.*version' /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

Thanks for the help. The project I was working on had to take a hiatus for a few months, but I'm back on it again. Again, thanks for the response. I actually had looked in there, but as a reseller, not as admin (I rarely go in as admin).

4. Chris_UK

Chris_UK Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

For anybody finding this post but using ispc 3: from an ssh session/terminal

Its as short as i can make it and still return just the line needed.
    Code:
    grep 'def.*VERS' /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php

I wonder if the devs and implement a simple command line check like: I know this isn't paramount, but as I cant find it in 3.1.13 tools a grep like this was needed so a command line like the following might be better especially if the config files move in subsequent releases.
    ispconfig version

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The installed version is shown in the ISPConfig 3 interface, no command or shell login needed to check it. It is shown in the ispconfig monitor module and also in the help module.

The thread here is about ISPConfig 2 btw., a completely different software.