How do you guys have setup your DNS templates?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Rein van 't Veer, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Hey,

I'm working with ISPconfig for a long time now, and extremely happy with it :D.
    Currently running a multi-server setup running 3.1 on about 20 servers.

For now, all my customers have been setup manually by me upon request and allocated to the different servers.
    what I now would like to accomplish is the modification of the IP field in the DNS template.
    I use only one template for all the servers as mail, etc etc is all setup on a single server. Websites however are divided among the different servers and one client can have access to multiple servers (locations).

Can someone give me some pointers on how to make the DNS template so that it looks for the website's server and uses that IP for the A and AAAA records?

Rein

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

A quick look at the substitutions in interface/web/dns/dns_wizard.php (starting line 473) there is {IP} and {IPV6} which would be the addrs you enter when adding the zone in the dns wizard; there is nothing for the web server ip specifically, but normally that would be what IP/IPV6 are set to.

3. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

I use this, with the fields: domain, ipv4, ipv6, dkim ticked in the template editor.

[ZONE]
    origin={DOMAIN}.
    ns=ns1.domain.com.au.
    ns=ns2.domain.com.au.
    mbox=[email protected]
    refresh=7200
    retry=540
    expire=604800
    minimum=3600
    ttl=3600

[DNS_RECORDS]
    A|{DOMAIN}.|{IP}|0|3600