how i can open a web site

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hadisaadeh, Dec 21, 2005.

1. hadisaadeh

hadisaadeh New Member

Dear All
    i created a web site called web5 and i put on the folder web a site that i had programmed
    please sir , i had a server with an a real ip
    i want a method to enter to the site by typing the real ip
    e.g : 212.125.25.11/~ ????
    ________
    Ios games

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. hadisaadeh

hadisaadeh New Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Apache vhosts in ISPConfig are name based, not IP based. You will have to access the website with the domain name you entered for this website. The domain name must be registered in DNS and pointing to the IP address of your server.

4. sulfuric

sulfuric New Member

I have relateds problems

I try to acces to web3/web (absotut /var/www/web3/web) with a registered domain in isp, it's pointed with my ip address and i created the DNS in ispconfig mail send/recibt correctly but when i type www.domain.com for see the web of this on /web/web i only see / (absolut /var/www) please help me!

I have perfect setup of howtoforge on ubuntu breeze! logs are ok! any idea

sorry by my poor english!

Adios,

5. till

is your ISPConfig server the authoritive nameserver for domain.com? If not, you will have to change the nameserver records at the authoritive nameserver to point to the IP address of your server.

6. sulfuric

sulfuric New Member

Thanks for quickly answer,,

No ispconfig isn't authoritative nameserver, I was change all records of authoritative nameserver to my ip, mail works perfectly but www goes to /var/www my DNS configuration:

Server1
    SOA domind.com
    ip 192.168.0.101 (internal for virtual hosts)

ns1.example.com
    ns2.example.com

Records

mail.domind.com->>192.168.0.101
    www.domind.com -->>192.168.0.101

Isn't correctly

Thank's a lot

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's your real domain name?

If you use internal IP addresses like 192.168.0.101, thne you DNS records will work only within your LAN!

8. sulfuric

sulfuric New Member

OK thanks!!, and if i don't have the autoritative nameserver of that domind, Only i can redirect zones to my server it's right my domind is www.tintoreriagelsy.com it's redidected al zones via dyndns for my dinamic ip to grupaprop.dyndns.org then for go to the main page of this paage i wil try to redirect www by CNAME to grupaprop.dyndns.org/web5/web for example it's ok?? thanks a lot.

9. till

This type of redirection wont work.

You can either create a website grupaprop.dyndns.org and dont use www.tintoreriagelsy.com or you register www.tintoreriagelsy.com at a provider that supports dynamic DNS. If you register www.tintoreriagelsy.com at dyndns.org, they can point an dynamic A record to your server.

10. sulfuric

sulfuric New Member

An other option can be change DNS of my register to my DNS server of ispconf (BIND), but my created DNS ns1.grupaprop.com, ns2.grupaprop.com directions are valid?? THANKS. My register is xartra then my dns are dns1.xartra.com and dns2.nartra.com ns1 or dns1?????

11. till

I think this is not a good idea, you will have to point the nameserver records to your dyndns domain. DNS servers shall be alwys available. Also you will need 2 different dyndns host addresses, one for ns1 and one for ns2.