How to bind all ISPconfig3 services to one IP

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Deleted member 79566, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Hi!

My Server has 2 IPs.
    Now what Id like to do is to bind all of my ISPconfig3 services (mostly apache) to one IP-Address, eg. so that I can use the ports 80,8080,443 and so on, on the second IP for different services.
    Is there a easy way to do this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

jose

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. So - just to be sure to do the right thing - what you're saying is I should change /etc/apache2/ports.conf according to the link you posted?

What about the vhosts? i probably need to edit all of them as well, but wouldn't that somehow interfere with ispconfig since they are managed by ispconfig?
    Would be nice to be able to do this via ISPconfig interface :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No vhosts have to be edited, so there is nothing to be done in ispconfig.

5. hi till,

thanks for the quick reply. i looked into it and found a solution after a bit trial and error :)

this is how my /etc/apache2/ports.conf looks like:
    Code:
    NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80
    Listen 1.2.3.4:80

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
        # SSL name based virtual hosts are not yet supported, therefore no
        # NameVirtualHost statement here
    	Listen 1.2.3.4:443
    </IfModule>
    but after the restart of apache i had some warnings. so i searched the apache manual once again. and this is what i came up with:

for this to work, all the vhost's >must< match the NameVirtualHost, so i had to edit all the vhosts in /etc/apache2/sites-available so that they would have something like <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80> instead of <VirtualHost *:80>

then the warnings disappeared, so i guess there should be editing to the vhosts after all.

so, the new question is:
    will ispconfig allow those changes or will they be reverted to their original state at some point? is there something more to be done?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must select the specific IP address in the web site settings in ISPConfig instead of *. If you don't do this and write your changes to the configuration files manually, they will be overwritten by ISPConfig.

7. Thanks!

I'll do that :)