How to change php.ini for phpMyAdmin ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rfnx, Jun 9, 2024.

1. rfnx

rfnx Member

Have freshly installed and cant upload the SQL backups as I cant find the php.ini phpMyAdmin is using!
    Have installed with multiple PHP versions (7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3).

It's obviously not 8.2 which is standard for Debian 12 :(

Unfortunately there is no global setting in ISPC and nothing for external sites like phpMyAdmin so I went through each and every php.ini but phpMyAdmin is still showing "maximum size exceeded" :eek:

May I know the trick to find out what where I can find the php.ini phpMyAdmin ?

:confused: HELP :rolleyes:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you used the search function before posting? I know this topic has been covered many times in the forum in the past. And it's not even related to ISPConfig at all; phpmyadmin is a Debian/Ubuntu package and not from ISPConfig and therefore uses the standard system php.ini file.

Then you must have missed some or missed to restart the web server and php-fpm daemons to apply your manual changes.

ahrasis and rfnx like this.
  3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ztk.me likes this.
  4. rfnx

rfnx Member

not only here, also in www!

Here I only could find a thread for PHP 5 which I dont use, sure, I followed that but it just led me to change the "/etc/php/X.X" what I did ... and I did a service apapache2 restart after each editing, double checked each file and restarted apache once more - no success ...

upload_2024-6-9_9-59-37.png

5. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

restarting apache only helpf if you use mod_php.
    If you use php-fpm, you'd need to reload the according service.
    e.G. for php 8.2 it would be
    systemctl reload php8.2-fpm

rfnx likes this.
  6. rfnx

rfnx Member

Great man!

upload_2024-6-9_10-8-44.png

Our great dumb*** soccer King Lothar Matthäus would say "again what learned" o_O :):):)

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should try to read and follow a complete post; I mentioned restarting Apache and php-fpm. You followed just 50% of my instructions by restarting Apache and not php-fpm, so this must have failed. Here is the text from my post #2:

ahrasis likes this.