how to create new email account?

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by intars, Oct 2, 2005.

1. intars

intars New Member

Okay. I just install mod_php using comand #apt-get install mod_php. So how to enable it?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It should be enabled automatically. I dont think the apt package is named exactly mod_php. Better you search with apt-cache search php.

In Debian 3.0 the package for php4 and apache 1.3 is named: libapache-mod-php4
    and for apache 2: libapache2-mod-php4

3. intars

intars New Member

Yes, I have instaled apache2-mod_php5.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You might have to create symlinks from the directory /etc/apache2/mods-enabled to the php.conf and php.load files in /etc/apache2/mods-available (the symlinks must have the same names as the original files) and restart Apache.
    An example on how to do this is on this page: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_sarge_p5

5. intars

intars New Member

Hi! I have another problem with email:
    why my user for instance user@<mydomain.ltd> can`t send mail using my SMTP server to another user (not to mydomain user)? This my user is not physically in my network. It he is, than everything works fine. He receives error like this:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'auser@<NO_mydomain.ltd>'. Subject 'Test message', Account: '<myhostname>.<mydomain.ltd>', Server: '<myhostname>.<mydomain.ltd>', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <auser@<NO_mydomain.ltd>>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

6. till

You have to enable SMTP_Auth in the email client. In most Email clients this feature is named like "SMTP server requires authentication".

7. intars

intars New Member

Can I disable this feature?

8. till

If your server is connected to the internet and you disable SMTP_Auth your server will be an open Relay and will be banned by other mailservers.

If your Server is in a private network, you can change mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 in the main.cf to a netmask that allows your complete internal network to relay mails through this server.

9. intars

intars New Member

My mail server is connected to the internet.I need, that my user with adress user@<mydomain.ltd> can send e-mails using my smtp server <myhostname>.<mydomain.ltd> without being in my network and witout any autentification like other mail server users can.

10. falko

But then it would be an open relay...

11. intars

intars New Member

O.K., It is clear now... Thanks.

12. intars

intars New Member

Hello Falko!
    Now I have one more domain name<domain2.ltd>. I is possible to set up my existing postfix mail server with <domain1.ltd> for this domain too and create new mail users for this new domen e.g. newdom_user@<domain2.ltd>?

Thanks!

13. falko