How to install (bought) ssl certificate ISPconfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Thijs Kossen, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Thijs Kossen

Thijs Kossen New Member

Hi,

I'm having some troubles to install an bought certificate into ISPConfig. In the received package I have 3 files:
    - domain crt
    - private key
    - comodo root ca bundle

I want ISPconfig to use this certificate for the control page instead of a self-singed certificate. Now I'm kinda new to ISPconfig and I've looked al over the internet but I can't find a manual for my situation. I have ISPconfig running on Debian with nginx. Most manuals are using Apache or point to folders that doesn't exist on my machine. I'm quite new to ISPconfig and hope someone can help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Replace the content of the files in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ with the content of your ssl cert, key and bundle. Then restart nginx.

3. Thijs Kossen

Thijs Kossen New Member

Oke Thanx. I've tried that but get an error ((SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch) )

Does it matter witch contant I put in a file? May you specify for me? I have the 3 files like I said before, and now I'd put the ca bundle and domain certificate together in ispserver.crt, ispserver.csr & ispserver.crt_bak.

4. till

You missed putting the content of your key file intto the ispconfig key file.

5. Thijs Kossen

Thijs Kossen New Member

Actually I didnt, I Just did Not mentioned it. I’d put my privatekey in all 3 key files On the server..

6. till

The key goes into the file ispserver.key
    The ssl cert goes into the file ispserver.crt file.
    When you use nginx as web server or apache >= 2.4.8 then (a) if apache version < 2.4.8 then (b).

a) The bundle goes into the ispserver.crt file as well.
    b) The bundle goes into a file ispserver.bundle which you must create and then enable the SSLCACertificateFile in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost

Finally, restart apache or nginx.

Do not edit any other files and do not put any other contents into the files than the content I explicitly mentioned above.

Gaston Girardi likes this.
  7. Thijs Kossen

Thijs Kossen New Member

Oke thanx it worked! I messed up something in the order of the multiple certificates. Earlier I'd read on the site of comodo an order that isn't correct for this usage.

Thank you for help me out!

till likes this.