How to install OpenOficeOrg 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ernesthagger, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ernesthagger

ernesthagger New Member

How to install OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04

Hi Falko,

Success at last, but whilst I can open OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 by running: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice in Terminal this is the only way I can do it. In Applications I have four OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 icons and three in Office in Applications but none of them will launch OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0. The only way I can launch it is from Terminal. Surely I should have icons that will launch it without having to go to Terminal each time as suggested by you.How do I get to the Create Launcher stage in your suggestions on Page 2 of your 'How to install OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04' instructions and get the necessary operative icons as is the case with Version 2.4
    I really appreciate the help you have given this old man so far and your patience, please bear with me a little longer.

Kind Regards,

Ernest.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. ernesthagger

ernesthagger New Member

How to install OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04

Hi Falko,

Eureka! Success at last. I cannot begin to thank you enough for all the help you have given me so patiently since I first contacted you. I have learnt such a lot during this exercise and was determined not to give up hope.
    As you know I have the Hardy Heron Ubuntu version on my computer in addition to Windows XP. Intrepid Ibis is now out and could you let me know if it is a fairly strai:Dght forward process to upgrade from one to the other using a CD with it on?

My humble thanks and very good wishes for a Very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Ernest.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff