How to update Roundcube?

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by inflac, Apr 1, 2023.

1. inflac

inflac New Member

Hello,

I installed Roundcube together with ISPConfig. I used the "Automated ISPConfig3 Installation" Guide in combination with debian11. Now I saw that the installed Roundcube version is 1.4.X. I just noticed because I tried to use the enigma plugin, which fails because some necessary files are missing.
    However. I tried to update Roundcube manually by downloading the newest version. Then I used bin/installto.sh <location>. This way failed because I was missing composer and all that stuff. I installed everything needed, but then there was an error with the database. Something like: "Access denied for user 'roundcube@localhost' (using password: NO)". I read somebody else also faced this problem. He found out his installation was missing some files, so I thought maybe I can update my current version to the same, so that I get the missing files to proceed. This also failed because now I was missing something else.

Long story short, I tried a couple of ways to update my current version, but I wasn't able to. It would be great if somebody could link a tutorial/guide or tell me how to do it.

Regards

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Roundcube will be installed from the repository then. So you can not update it beyond the current version. You can choose to purge it and install from source.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is Enigma plugin comes with Roundcube installation. Did the automatic install the plugins?
    Code:
    apt policy roundcube roundcube-plugins roundcube-plugins-extra
    Does that host now have this file:
    Code:
    /usr/share/roundcube/plugins/enigma/config.inc.php.dist
    What are those necessary files? How did you determine they are needed and missing?