how to upgrade php to current version in ispconfig3?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Maslak Yavuz, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Maslak Yavuz

Maslak Yavuz Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to move the whole ispconfig installation and config files over yourself if you don't use a tool that automates this. You can find several threads that describe manual migration steps here in the howtoforge forum.

3. Maslak Yavuz

Maslak Yavuz Member

Ok, There is a mysql.sql mysql backups
    I restored databases from the old machine successfully, and copied directories in /var/www
    ispconfig admin panel works. But when i browse a virtual site, the default web page comes as attached:
    how can i fix it ?

Attached Files:

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Are the expexted websites visible in ISPConfig Sites-tab? If yes, then try going in ISPConfig to System | Sync Tools and do resync for all services.

5. till

If he did not move the web users and client groups over first (see #19), then the resync might result in different uid's.

6. Maslak Yavuz

Maslak Yavuz Member

I can see all clients on the sites tab, domains on the clients tab and users on the clients tab on the ispconfig panel. it doesn't only come virtual sites' web pages when i call .
    what websiite i call on the server, the same default apache page comes.

uid seems correct how can i check validity?
    for example;in the server command vipw;
    web56:x:5033:5033::/var/www/clients/client31/web56:/bin/false
    on the regarding websites on the ispconfig
    Document Root /var/www/clients/client31/web56

Also on the command line interface;
    [root@webcp www]# id -u web56
    [root@webcp www]# id -g web56

for example, i added a new customer and added a domain into new client.
    when i click browse at new site, the server return again default apache web site instead of ispconfig default page.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  7. Maslak Yavuz

Maslak Yavuz Member

i restored ispconfig database. some values left old settings at the server config/web tab on the ispconfig page, Old server is ubuntu, new server is centos. may this settings cause this ?

Attached Files:

8. Maslak Yavuz

Maslak Yavuz Member

i realized that i didn't copied vhosts files in sites-available and vhostlinks in sites-enabled. Besides original ispconfig runs on ubuntu. fresh server is centos thus relevant apache directories are different ( apache / httpd )
    I got rid of the problem. fortunately all upgrade environment is in the lab. next phase i am going to try multiple php versions

9. Maslak Yavuz

Maslak Yavuz Member

after moving the conf to new ispconfig server, i cannot login ispconfig admin page. I get below error;
    Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php
    i entered dbispconfig and "UPDATE sys_user SET passwort = md5(‘admin’) WHERE username = ‘admin’;" and then i ran the update.php on the ispconfig. But it doesn't work . how can i fix it?

10. till

Maybe you overwrote the password of the ispconfig mysql user? If yes, set the correct password that you find in the ispconfig config.inc.php files in mysql for the user ispconfig.

11. Maslak Yavuz

Maslak Yavuz Member

I shall try it. By the way, i installed ispconfig3.1 on ubuntu16.04_lts as fresh. there is not domains section on the panel as imaged. there was in the old version. is it normal? regards

Attached Files: