Howto configure for secondary nameserver?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kanour, Jun 19, 2006.

1. kanour

kanour Member

Hi. I would need to create configuration for secondary nameserver.
    I would like to use xname.org to host my secondary nameserver.
    I also would like to implement some security to it.

Would anyone give me a hint with this? I know how to change everything manualy, but ispconfig will change everthing back.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dont change anything manually. Just set the secondary DNS-Server to xname.org in the ISPConfig primary DNS record of your domain.

3. kanour

kanour Member

I dont know if we uderstand each other?

With ISPConfig setup I have now primary DNS server which host all DNS records for all hosts. I have to create slave DNS server as a backup. Without that I am not able to to point nameservers to ISPConfig server because one nameserver is not enough.

Normally you have to add to the zone "allow-transfer { ip_address of slave DNS; };" To be able to transfer DNS records to slave DNS server.

Plus the addition of NS in zone file as you mentioned.

That is what I am looking for. Please advice. Thank you

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You don't have to change anything in named.conf. Zone transfers are allowed by default in the current setup.

5. VMartins

VMartins New Member

I have one IP. I use a service like No-IP to make my Secondary DNS Server. But now I have a friend with one IP too, and the same solution (No-IP).

I have to only put the allow-tranfer {ip} and nothing more? And the zones in the named.conf? And pri.xxx files?

Thanks all,

Vinicius

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff