htacccess and rootdir

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jazeman, Dec 26, 2006.

1. jazeman

jazeman New Member

I haw just instaled ispconfig using perfect setup ubunto6.06 and so on.

my problem is on of the sights uses seperate directories.
    so I haw to point it to www/web2/web/somurl and not just www/web2

my other problem is I get php_value not alowed here.
    I haw tryed changing in apach2.conf to allowowerides all
    any ideas!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Websites are accessed by the domain and not the URL. Please make sure you selected the correct IP in the website settings and that the domain of the website is pointing to your server IP. If your server is behind a router, select the internal IP address for the website while the DNS A-Record of the domain must point to your external IP address.

Did you add the php_value directive in the apache directives window of the website? Is PHP activated for this website?

3. jazeman

jazeman New Member

hmmm

ok.
    to clarify a bit.
    the domain points to my server and works fine. the problem i haw is on my old server with apache2 I could just sett inn http.conf ore simelar fil that www.somedomain.com has root dir .................
    and I can still do this but ispconfig copies ower it. next time I change something in ispconfig. the sight it points to is not made by me and I need to point the domain to the right directory.

and yes php is enabled for this domain
    I tryed putting things in the apache directives window but it seemd to make no chang what so ever.
    if you haw a cod snippet I could use there I would be weary happy!

all the other sites i sett up with ispconfig work perfectly
    great stuff!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You cannot change the root directory of a website, you must copy the files that belong to the website in the new directory that ISPConfig created.

Please post the lines you added to the apache directives field.