htaccess support

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by mbria, Feb 12, 2008.

1. mbria

mbria New Member

Hi,

I have been using ispconfig during a year or so and I need to say it's is simply wonderful. It helps me a lot to keep my sites sorted and update them with a few simple clicks. So first at all thanks a lot for the brave work done. ;-)

After this, I like to submit a "feature request" that I belive will make our work with ispconfig a little bit more comfortable.

As the title of this post suggest, I'm love to see ispconfig accepting htaccess files.

I saw tones of post that simply won't exists if ispconfig allows .htaccess files on sites as far as quite all web applications include a personalized .htaccess to implement "clean urls" or restrict access to files.

Certainly, removing .htaccess and move it's content to Apache Directives isn't a huge task, but it's annoying and very confusing for newbies.

I'm unsure about the development, but would be wonderfull if each site includes a check box titled "accept .htaccess" (checked by default).

Personally I really interested in a secure ispconfig (running suPHP) but I don't know how difficult will be implementing this on suPHP scenarios.

This is what suPHP people says:

Thanks a lot for your wonderful development,

m.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig supports and allows .gtaccess files. Probably you just missed to allow the nescessary settings in the apache.conf file in the AllowOverride statement.

3. mbria

mbria New Member

A RTFM with a link for a ispconfig+suPHP installation will be highly appreciated. :p

BTW, how I do need to undestand what suPHP people says: "suPHP does not support the php_value/php_admin_value directive".

Thanks Till for your help,

m.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'll publish such a tutorial in the next days. :)

suPHP does not understand these directives.

5. paxpacis

paxpacis Member

Hi Falko,

What is the solution for suPHP users that need php_values?
    I puth the most common in the php.ini of the php-cgi so I have less issues.. But for some sites I need special php_values such as include paths to special modules/plugins..?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer