i can't ftp with my ftp_user but it is exist on the database

Discussion in 'General' started by maileh, Sep 14, 2014.

1. maileh

maileh Member

I can only ftp with my shell user but not ftp_user even if i see it is replicate from the panel and also exist on ftp_user table on dbispconfig ...???? can anyone help ???:confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that you connect with FTP or FTPS but not SFTP. SFTP is not FTP, SFTP is SSH and therefor you can connect to SFTP with a SSH user but not a FTP user.

3. maileh

maileh Member

Thanks Till

This is part of the debug log when try to ftps with user username ... i believe this is from pure-ftpd debug log when enabled.

www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from x.x.x.x
    Sep 15 01:25:02 www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [auth] [TLS]
    Sep 15 01:25:02 www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] SSL/TLS: Enabled TLSv1/SSLv3 with DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256, 256 secret bits cipher
    Sep 15 01:25:02 www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [user] [username]
    Sep 15 01:25:02 www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [DEBUG] Command [pass] [<*>]
    Sep 15 01:25:02 www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] PAM_RHOST enabled. Getting the peer address
    Sep 15 01:25:09 www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Authentication failed for user [username]
    Sep 15 01:25:09 www-host pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, so you use the correct ftp type. Did you enter the correct username incl. prefix as its displayed in the FTP user list in ispconfig?

5. maileh

maileh Member

Actually i remove that in the config interface page as attached on the picture

Attached Files:

• ftp.png
      ftp.png
      File size:
      7.5 KB
      Views: