I don't use email. How do I install ISPConfig 3?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jawshh, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Jawshh

Jawshh New Member

Hi,

I followed the "the Perfect Server" guide for cent os 5.5 x86_64 and I get a hell lot of errors! Pure-Ftpd doesn't even start after installation, the bind DNS also doesn't start and lotsa other stuff! I think the guide might be outdated or something. But anyway, I want to install ISPConfig 3 without email capabilities-these stuff put much load on my server. Btw, I'm on an OpenVZ private server and my os has been installed by VePortal... I will be using Google Apps standard to manage all my email stuff, I just need to get my websites working on this server.

What do I need to install? Can I have clean instructions please? I really need this, I have been fighting with this for 2 days now lol...

Thanks,
    Josh

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The guide works fine for me. Be aware that the services are configured by ISPConfig, so you can not start them before ispconfig is installed.

Install ispconfig in expert mode to choose the services that you want to use.

You want a fast, stable an easy install? Then you have choosen the wrong Linux distribution. Centos is causing the most problems, thats why we recommend to use Debian.

3. Jawshh

Jawshh New Member

Ok I am reloading my OS right now! I will try to install from scratch again and I will post back.