I need to install ispconfig on centos 8

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by danibel, Sep 28, 2019.

1. jmeyerdo

jmeyerdo New Member

Hello!
    Is there any current information about supporting CentOS 8?
    Does it make sense to wait with a new installation a bit - or would you recommend to use CentOS 7 currently?
    Best regards, Jens

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Minor versions do not matter for this, so CentOS 8 means CentOS 8.x

The current development version supports CentOS 8, this dev version becomes ISPConfig 3.2. If you can wait a bit, then I'll recommend to wait as we will start the beta release cycle of the 3.2 release in a few days.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. monkfish

monkfish Member

Hello, revisiting this.
    Would there be any beta and/or draft deployment document avaiable yet to help test?
    Thanks for ispconfig!
    M

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The official beta will be out soon. There are a few issues left before we can release it.

monkfish likes this.
  5. Herbert_M

Herbert_M New Member

Hi, i have CentOS 8.2 and download the latest version from git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3
    Its seems that CentOS8 is suported, the install was success but when i go to [mydomain.tld]:8080 then its not running.
    Bug?

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

7. Th0m

How did you install? Following the Perfect Server tutorial?

8. till

Not a bug, installation error on your system. The current GIt version works fine here on CentOS 8.

I have not published the perfect server guide for CentOS 8 yet and the CentOS 7 perfect server guide does not work for CentOS 8.

Herbert_M and Th0m like this.
  9. Herbert_M

Herbert_M New Member

Thanks, that's is the problem i think.. i follow the perfect server guide from CentOS 7
    I hope the perfect server guide for CentOS 8 will be published soon..

till and Th0m like this.
  10. Th0m

I had a feeling you did, that's why I asked :)

ISPConfig 3.2 is almost done, when it's released, we can publish the Perfect Server Guide for CentOS 8.

Herbert_M likes this.
  11. Herbert_M

Herbert_M New Member

ISPConfig 3.2 beta is out, i have to wait for the final version before the Guide?
    When yes then i go back to CentOS 7
    Thanks for the answer :)

12. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It is advisable to wait for the stable version of ISPConfig 3.2 if yours is a production server, otherwise, you can always test the current beta or nightly version.

13. till

monkfish and Herbert_M like this.
  14. monkfish

monkfish Member

Hello, thanks for this.
    Did I get the impression that the intended default for av/spam solution was to be rspamd?
    Perfectly capable of installing, but any chance of updates to the perfect server guide to remove dependecies for amavis, spamassassin etc and instead describe installation out of the box for rspamd.
    I do agree that "Rspamd is really effective and a good Amavis replacement" - wouldn't mind seeing some deployment notes accordingly.
    Happy to share my notes but I leave other stuff out as well, eg mailman so might not be as complete as the entire perfect server guide.
    Thanks for ispconfig!

15. Th0m

There will be a perfect server guide v2 which is set up with rspamd instead of amavis, and some other enhancements.

monkfish likes this.
  16. monkfish

monkfish Member

Groovy, quick question - I've noticed the 3.2 beta installer still has an issue reported quite a while ago - the installer looks to restart amavisd even when not installed - issue no 5550 tagged at the time as a confirmed bug.
    I know whats occuring, can adequately work round it, but suggest perhaps some logic check needs refining for a future "pure rspamd" install to work without spurious bug?

Thanks for ispconfig!

17. till

It's just cosmetic and does no harm. But I've added it on the list for 3.2 now.

18. DarioL

DarioL Member

Hello everybody
    I'm try to installing ispconfig 3.2 beta on centos 8 and follow the howto perfect-server-centos-8
    Why it is required a old version of getmail ?
    Thank for reply

19. till

This is not an old version, from getmail homepage:
    and the tutorial installs 5.14

20. DarioL

DarioL Member

Ok. Thanks Till, sometime the wget fails to download the tar.gs...
    Now I have another problem.
    On Centos 7 Mailman is configured like this:
    Code:
    [root@s-ispc-c7 ~]# grep virtual-mailman /etc/postfix/main.cf  
    virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
    On centos 8 ispc 3.2 beta it is so
    Code:
    [root@ispc ~]# grep virtual-mailman /etc/postfix/main.cf
    virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_alias_maps.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
    I must touch /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman and run postmap on it or change the configuration like ispc 31 on c7?
    Many thanks
    Dario