I need to install ispconfig on centos 8

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by danibel, Sep 28, 2019.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you get any mailman related errors in the log?

2. DarioL

DarioL Member

I have see this problem into postfix log:
    Code:
    postfix/smtpd[2788]: error: open database /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db: No such file or directory
    postfix/cleanup[2791]: warning: hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman is unavailable. open database /var/lib/mailman/data
    /virtual-mailman.db: No such file or directory
    Then I have
    Code:
    touch /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
    postmap /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
    Now this problem is go away.
    Let me know if this is the right solution or it better move this file under /etc/mailman
    Thanks
    Dario

3. DarioL

DarioL Member

Now I have another problem: cannot receive email.
    This is the postfix error log
    Code:
    postfix/smtpd[16868]: warning: unknown smtpd restriction: "{reject_unknown_client_hostname}"
    postfix/smtpd[16868]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.from.it[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 451 4.3.5 Server configuration error; from=<[email protected]> to=<nicola@dest> proto=SMTP helo=<mail.from.it>
    Into postfix conf there is this:
    Code:
    [root@ispc ~]# grep reject_unknown_client_hostname /etc/postfix/ma*cf
    /etc/postfix/main.cf:smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_client.cf, permit_inet_interfaces, permit_mynetworks, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_pipelining {reject_unknown_client_hostname}, permit
    What's wrong?
    EDIT:
    I have modify some value in server config (add a rbl server) and press OK
    Now the /etc/postfix/main.cf file is correct and postfix work
    Probably is a setup wrong configuration?
    Thanks
    Dario

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. DarioL

DarioL Member

Thank till.
    There is also a warning into postfix logs for dovecot:
    Code:
    ott 08 11:24:12 ispc.dom.it postfix/pipe[294855]: 816DF8203C9: to=<[email protected]>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.37, delays=0.05/0.01/0/0.32, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via dovecot service (doveconf: Warning: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 77: Global setting mail_plugins won't change the s))
    Probably the line 77 must be move to another place?
    Thanks
    Dario

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

What is your dovecot.conf (and specifically, what is line 77?)?

That log message shows pipe delivery rather than lmtp, which either means the test for whether lmtp is installed did not work on centos 8, or something specific to centos isn't configuring postfix/dovecot the same as on debian systems. Does the /usr/lib/dovecot/lmtp file exist in centos 8, or is it at a different path? Perhaps there's a separate package to install? (In debian it's dovecot-lmtpd, which is suggested by but not required by dovecot-core.)

7. DarioL

DarioL Member

See attach
    It's in main package and into another path:
    Code:
    [root@ispc log]# rpm -ql dovecot|grep lmtp
    /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-lmtp.conf
    /usr/libexec/dovecot/lmtp
    /usr/share/doc/dovecot/example-config/conf.d/20-lmtp.conf
    For now I have comment out this line.
    Dario

Attached Files:

8. Jesse Norell

That's the correct fix. I'll get the test for lmtp path updated, too - thanks!

9. Jesse Norell

10. Alisnasyon

Alisnasyon New Member

Thank you for the latest guide, but are any plans for a installing guide on CentOS 8 with nginx?

11. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'm afraid that it won't be here anytime soon. You can probably use the Apache guide but switch out Apache stuff with the nginx steps from centos 7.6, if you know what you're doing...

Alisnasyon likes this.
  12. Alisnasyon

Alisnasyon New Member

Got it installed successfully on CentOS 7.6, thank you for respond.

Th0m likes this.
  13. PVasileff

PVasileff Member

Yesterday I have installed ISPConfig on CentOS 8 using:

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...l-php-pureftpd-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig/

NB: cerbot-auto not working on CentOS and to get certbot I have installed:

Code:
    dnf install certbot python3-certbot-apache
    I have added additional php version from remi - php 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 (default 7.4) and php 8.0.

Today I migrated that server from CentOS 8 to CentOS Stream following that documentation:

https://ostechnix.com/how-to-migrate-to-centos-stream-8-from-centos-linux-8/

Currectnly I dont see any problems with ISPConfig / or service.

So - I have a question developers and project owner - Are u planned to support ISPConfig on CentOS Stream, because I unable to find answer for that question?

pvanthony likes this.
  14. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

CentOS 8 Stream will stay ABI compatible with the original RHEL 8 ABI. So, third-party packages for CentOS 8 Stream, RHEL 8, Alma Linux, Rocky Linux and so on should be useable among every distribution/clone of RHEL 8. That was the statement by Remi Collet, RedHat employee, PHP maintainer & maintainer of Remi RPM Repo.

Although I'm not part of the ISPConfig staff I would say that ISPConfig integration of all these RHEL 8 offsprings and clones should be easily done since the support actually already exists for the currently available CentOS 8.3. The question is how ISPConfig wants to detect all those clones. I propose to support only two detections: 1. CentOS 8 Stream, 2. "RHEL 8 or compatible - $PRETTY_NAME from /etc/os-release" or something like that.

Otherwise it would get - imho - pretty nasty if every RHEL clone would get its own detection files.

pvanthony likes this.
  15. jnewman67

jnewman67 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

following the CentOS 8 ispconfig perfect server instructions (though I'm using the Stream version) and found that after installing and configuring phpmyadmin, something is not right - i get the Forbidden message when accessing http://192.168.0.100/phpmyadmin/ (and when using the machine name instead of the IP address).

i copy/pasted the listed instructions for installing phpmyadmin from the instructions, and there were no errors.

anyone have any thoughts or similar experience with CentOS 8?

i had this same issue when using the CentOS 7 ispconfig perfect server instructions as well a couple weeks ago...

thanks

[EDIT]
    figured out my issue (OE)...
    the section in the instructions thats comented out (in red) is what limits access to localhost.
    i changed it to the following to get local network access:
    <RequireAny>
    Require ip 127.0.0.1
    Require ip ::1
    Require ip 192.168.0.0/24
    </RequireAny>

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  16. jnewman67

looks like the certbot instructions haven't been updated so i followed Certbot's instructions:
    yum install snapd
    systemctl enable --now snapd.socket
    ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap
    reboot

yum remove certbot (just in case...)
    snap install --classic certbot
    snap install core
    snap refresh core
    ln -s /snap/bin/certbot /usr/bin/certbot
    certbot --apache

this is where i pressed C to cancel and left the rest alone for ispconfig to figure out later - i haven't gotten to later yet to know if there is more I should've done.

17. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

In Ubuntu you can also use pip to install certbot and its dns plugin in a better way than apt can install them but I am not sure about Centos. Also I avoid using snap though Ubuntu now shipped it together and kinda force people to use it. I like the old fashioned way and may be will need to migrate to the original Debian OS in the future, if snap becomes Ubuntu requirements.

18. jnewman67

got down to the roundcube installation, and it might be nice if the PHP installations done earlier included the --with-Zip feature so it doesn't have to be done through PECL at this point. Then again, maybe they weren't complied onserver (rpms instead...)

just a thought (not that i'm qualified to tell someone how to do that off the top of my head :)

[EDIT]

and after some sleep, i realized that my copy/paste included the junk password that needed to be changed per my site settings - oops.

thanks for doing the Perfect server for CentOS 8, btw - very helpful!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  19. jnewman67

okay, server via the Perfect Server CentOS 8 (stream) ISPConfig instructions done - sucessfully logged into ISPConfig anyway :)
    things i notice about the instuctions.

20. jnewman67

okay, server via the Perfect Server CentOS 8 (stream) ISPConfig instructions is done - successfully logged into ISPConfig anyway :)

things i notice about the instructions (not criticisms, just consistency observations)...

there is a mixture of "service" vs "systemctl" commands
    there is a mixture of "dnf" vs "yum" commands - some include -y, some don't (i generally prefer no -y, but for copy/paste quickness, it's nice)

there are three new versions of downloaded packages
    - getmail-5.15.tar.gz
    - phpMyAdmin-5.1.0-all-languages.tar.gz
    - roundcubemail-1.4.11-complete.tar.gz
    (i installed the lesser ones first, then went back and installed the newer versions - no errors, probably could be done up front)

i also installed the Gnome Desktop GUI right after the minimal server was installed, and before the PSC8 was started
    - dnf groupinstall "Server with GUI"
    - systemctl set-default graphical
    - reboot

and a hint - if you're installling CentOS 8 Stream from the "boot" (minimal) ISO, you'll need to make sure your network is live and configured, and you'll need this Repositoy URL for your installation source - everything gets downloaded, so all updated after install
    - ( http:// ) mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/BaseOS/x86_64/os/

hopefully i can add a little bit to the great work Till has already done, and make it easier for the next person.

Much Appreciated!

till and ahrasis like this.