Identify recipient with Catchall and BCC

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Swob88, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Swob88

Swob88 New Member

Hello everyone!
    I'm new in here but am already working for some time with ispConfig by now. Hopefully some expert can help me with my issue

I have the following situation.
    One of my customers has an internal mailserver. To avoid managing mailaddresses in the local system and within ispConfig, a catchall is configured for his domain. All mails are pushed into one mailbox, where my costumer fetches them and forwards to the correct recipient locally. This works perfectly fine.
    There is just one issue. As soon as a message is BCC'd, I have no recipient field in the mail header, just a delivered to field, which points to the central mailbox and there is no possibility to identify the final recipient. Within the mail.log I can see the correct recipient but I need to get it somehow into the mail header
    Is there a possibility to add a recipient header to the mail?

Thanks
    Alex

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

To continue your approach I would probably look into creating a sieve script for your catchall account, use the "envelope" capability to get the envelope recipient address, the "variables" capability to save that to a variable, and the "editheader" capability to add the headers ("addheader" action).

Personally I would just fix your relaying for the domain, either automate the process of building the recipient list or configure it to verify recipient addresses on your internal server for that relayed domain.