If i redesign the look of Linux will it become a separate distribution?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by revolutions, May 28, 2007.

1. revolutions

revolutions New Member

Right thanks for reading, if i redesign a Linux distribution i.e change splash screen, colours, change the apps that come with it, change the name etc. will it become a separate distribution that i could then offer to the public?

2. volksman

volksman New Member

Not to sound l337 or like a linux fan boy with no friends but this is a pretty silly or ignorant question.

Might want to read up a little more as the difference between distro's is not just look and feel. If you release a distro you will need to support it and it sounds like you are far from being able to do that.

I mean you COULD technically do it but why would anyone want your distro when all you have done is theme Gnome or KDE? And why would you want to provide OS support when all you have done is create a theme? Just doesn't add up to me...

Also what does this have to do with ISPConfig?

If you want to create a distro and support it start with "Linux From Scratch". And see you again in a few months... :)

Again I intend no offense...hopefully after more reading you will see how this is a somewhat humorous question... :cool:

3. revolutions

revolutions New Member

thanks for your post, i have taken a look at Linux from scratch and i will go ahead with that i will keep you updated.