IMAP troubles

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by d1m, May 20, 2006.

1. d1m

d1m New Member

Hello all. I have some issue with using IMAP.
    I'm running Debian Etch + Postfix + CourierIMAP/POP. And sure ISPConfig =)

First I had troubles with connecting to IMAP service. It was "Login failed" message. After making some changes to
    /etc/courier/authdaemonrc
    First there was
    Code:
    authmodulelist="authuserdb"
    and login starts functioning after changing to
    Code:
    authmodulelist="authuserdb authpam"
    But now I have such lines in syslog:
    Code:
    May 20 18:52:42 vps26ua imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    May 20 18:52:42 vps26ua imaplogin: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], command=AUTHENTICATE
    May 20 18:52:42 vps26ua imaplogin: authdaemon: starting client module
    May 20 18:52:42 vps26ua imaplogin: authdaemon: ACCEPT, username web17_admin
    May 20 18:52:42 vps26ua imaplogin: chdir Maildir: No such file or directory

There are folders in /var/spool/mail/virtual with sitenames, and I think appropriate should be here: /var/spool/mail/virtual/hs.net.ua/admin. There are maildir folder structure in this folder.

Please, help to fix this issue. I'm new to mailing system configuration.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These folders can not be from ISPConfig, ISPConfig uses a different folder scheme and the folders are never in /var/spool/...

Try to send an email to the mailbox, postfix will create the Maildir for you. Make sure you checked the "Maild ir" checkbox in ISPConfig under Management > server > settings on the mail tab.

If you are not sure taht you configured postfix correctly, have a look at the debian perfect setup howtos linked on the ISPConfig documentation page.

3. d1m

d1m New Member

Yes, I missed those checkbox. But there is one more trouble. I have no Trash folder. Only incoming. So, using roundcube I can't delete mail by moving them to trash.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Roundcube is stil in alpha state, if i remember correctly there are some problems with the trash folder.

If you want to create imap folders manually, you can try the "Maildirmake" command.

5. d1m

d1m New Member

It works fine if I create folder "Trash" manualy through web-interface of roundcubemail. But is there an option to create this folder for each mail account automaticaly? I have strong knowledges in php language, so please tell me, where could I modify engine to add this folder.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Have a look at the user_insert() function in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php. But keep in mind that you lose the ability to update to future versions of ISPConfig if you customize your version.

7. d1m

d1m New Member

As you told,
    >postfix will create the Maildir for you.
    Is there an template of maildir structure used by postfix on ~/Maildir creation? Or should I add exex('.....') to the script?

PS: Please, sorry for my bad English.

8. falko

There is a Maildir folder, and in it the folders cur, new and tmp.

9. d1m

d1m New Member

I expressed myself with ambiguity. I mean, template for the INBOX, Trash and Sent folders.

Or, in other words, how can I automatically create this folders?

10. falko