Import email configuration from ISPConfig 3 - Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tfboy, May 26, 2020.

1. tfboy

tfboy Member

I'm trying to import the email configuration with the tool from the web interface.
    I've configured a remote user in my old server, given him all the rights.
    I then go to the ISPConfig 3 mail function, put in the details, but when I click Connect to remote server, I just get an "Internal Server Error" message come back.
    I have valid certificates on the old and new ISPConfig servers. Old server running 3.1.15p2 and new server running 3.1.15p3.
    Are these errors logged somewhere to help debugging? I've enabled debug but nothing relevant appears in /var/log/ispconfig/ispconfig.log - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Global Apache or Nginx error.log file.

3. tfboy

tfboy Member

Thanks @till - I looked, but nothing.
    I've rebuilt my server using Debian 10 and Apache (gave up on nginx because of the mod_rewrite issues).
    I've looked in /var/log/apache2/error.log but nothing is added when I click on the Connect button

4. tfboy

tfboy Member

Ahh, I feel silly. I hadn't thought that "Internal Server Error" would be a message from the remote server!
    It looks like I'm missing the Soap Server :) Now to find how to install that :)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If it's a debian system, install php-soap with apt (or the equivalent package name containing the right php version).

tfboy likes this.
  6. tfboy

tfboy Member

Hmm, I've done that, but still get an error message
    Code:
    [Tue May 26 17:31:13.726464 2020] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9018] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34204] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'SoapServer' not found in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/remote/index.php:16
    [Tue May 26 17:31:13.726496 2020] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9018] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34204] mod_fcgid: stderr: Stack trace:
    [Tue May 26 17:31:13.726500 2020] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9018] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34204] mod_fcgid: stderr: #0 {main}
    [Tue May 26 17:31:13.726503 2020] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9018] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34204] mod_fcgid: stderr:   thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/remote/index.php on line 16

As this is an older server that's been updated, how can I confirm which version of php the remote part uses? I have 7.2 as the default, but wonder if ISPConfig is using another version.

7. tfboy

tfboy Member

And of course, I was looking at the wrong server again.
    The logs are on the source / remote server
    The php-soap needs to be installed on the target / local server :)
    Thanks for your help :)