Import old website backup into ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NicoduWeb, Aug 4, 2018.

1. NicoduWeb

NicoduWeb New Member

Hello,

I'm looking for import old website backup from ispconfig into ispconfig to be able to restor it with just 1 click like current backup.
    So i've tried to move tar.gz to backup folder (/var/backup/webX/) without success
    I don't see the import file in ipsoncifig / website / backup but new backup work great.

I've also tried to Resync ispconfig but that don't help me.

Do you have any idea please ?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. Jeremy007

Jeremy007 Member

Did you fail in adding the backup folder to the directory "(/var/backup/webX/" or did it not show up?

3. NicoduWeb

NicoduWeb New Member

Iv' done it manually .. (4 - 5 website only)
    Im' pretty sure the file was in the googd folder

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

How did you make the backup at the first place and how do you plan to restore it is important.

Backup should consist of files and database, so unless you made backup for both, it won't be so easy to restore your websites.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you made a backup on a different server, then this backup will not show up in ispconfig on a new server by just copying it to /var/backup/webX/. ISPConfig will only show backups in the Ui that are made on the same server and that exist in the backup database table.

To restore a backup that you made on a different server, just unpack it (.zip or tar.gz) and then copy its contents to the web folder where you want to restore it to and import the database SQL dump, if any, into MySQL with PHPMyAdmin or the MySQL command.