Importing existing ssl key/cert into ISPConfig site

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by zetnsh, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zador

Zador New Member

We are writting about ispconfig3. i ask which procedure for ispconfig3 is correctly?
    1 - i copy and paste comodo crt, csr and key content to inputs field on ispconfig, then save certificate, then enable SSL and save.
    2 - first i need click on create SSL certificate, then wait 5-10 minuts, and then replace input fields with comodo ssl, and replace files in ssl folder with comodo files?
    thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See my post #18 in this thread or have a look into the ispconfig 3 manual, it's explained there incl. screenshots. There is no need to edit any files, as I mentioned earlier, you posted in a thread of a different software so everything posted earlier is wrong for users of ISPConfig 3.

3. Zador

Zador New Member

4. till

If they don't provide a bundle cert then leave the bundle field empty.

5. Zador

Zador New Member

Not work this, with bundle or without bundle. Website load ssl certificate created for admin at install system. Not load SSL for this website.
    I can have diferrent SSL for diferrent domains and websites on same IP?

6. till

Sure, SNI is enabled by default.

7. till

When you get a different SSL cert and the ssl checkbox is ticked in site settings, then this means in most cases that ssl could not be activated for the site because apache rejected to restart with this SSL cert. This happens when you use a wrong key for a cert or a key which requires a password. You can find out more by using ISPConfig debug mode. I will close this thread here now as this is nowhere related to ISPconfig 2. If you need help with a problem related to ISPConfig 3, then please post in the ISPConfig 3 forum and not in the ISPConfig 2 forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.