Impossible to make Ispconfig work

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Open Expertise, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Open Expertise

Open Expertise New Member

Hi,
    I am not succeeding to acces my ISPCONFIG server after installation.
    When i try to access it, i got this part of message from the web page :
    "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request....".
    This is the content of my /var/log/apache2/error.log
    Code :
    client denied by server configuration: /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/
    suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details
    (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
    Premature end of script headers: index.php
    client denied by server configuration: /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/
    script '/var/www/xmlrpc.php' not found or unable to stat
    ISPConfig Version : 3.0.5.4p5
    OS Version : Debian 7
    What I am missing ?
    Thank you for helping

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which tutorial did you use to install ispconfig on your server and whas there any other webbbased software like wordpress installed on that server before you instaled ispconfig? E.g. the file xmlrpc.php exists in wordpress but not ispconfig, so it seems as if you had other sodtware installed which now interferes with ispconfig.

3. Open Expertise

Thank you dear Till for your answer.
    I make a search of the file name xmlrpc.php on the server, and i do not find it.
    I follow this howto for the installation https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-wheezy-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-p4
    But let me mention that i am taking over from another person who have install a web server which were already working.
    After finishing ispconfig and noticing issues, i find out that the file suphp.conf did not exist. Did you think that it may be also the cause of our problems ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, then thats the problem. The ISPConfig installation requires a completely empty and fresh OS as starting point, if there were already a other website or another controlpanel installed on that server, then the system will not work when you install ispconfig as ispconfig does not replace config files, it just adds some lines and if the base system was modified, then the resulting setup must fail. You will have to start over with a clean system. Please reset the server to a minimal Debian system at your ISP or format it with a debian cd and then follow the perfect server tutorial from the beginning (andn not just page 4 that you linked above).

5. Open Expertise

Thank Till for your reply.
    I will take in consideration your suggestions. I also beleive that it is the best solution. I will need to install a fresh server from scrach for hosting the web site and managing the domain and mails with ISPConfig.