install error on the end of the installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Vegettex, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Vegettex

Vegettex New Member

Hi all,

I wanted to install ISPConfig because it looks really handy to me :) Everything went fine while i was following the guide http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_ubuntu_5.10 , but on the final part i get a error:

Code:
    ########## INSTALLATION ##########

Preparing files. Please wait a moment...
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/adminmail.txt': No such file or directory
    All prerequisites are fulfilled.
    Here we go...

Warning: main(config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gaara/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 631

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/gaara/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 631

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/gaara/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 641
    Could not connect to db
    Restarting some services...
    ./setup2: line 950: [: ==: unary operator expected
    ./setup2: line 968: /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server: No such file or directory
    Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

But it doens't seem to be installed now does it?

Anybody got an idea how to fix this so that i can install / start it properly?

I am using a clean install of ubuntu 5.10 (server version, so no gui installed)

Thanks in advance,

- Vegettex

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I guess you tried to install ISPConfig more than once from the same sources. That doesn't work!
    Run
    Code:
    rm -fr /root/ispconfig
    rm -fr /home/admispconfig
    and delete the ISPConfig database. Then upack the ISPConfig sources again and run the setup.

3. Vegettex

Vegettex New Member

Indeed, first it failed because I skipped the quota part (wich was needed in the ispconfig configuration). I removed the dirs, gonna try it again :)