Install error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Random, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Random

Random New Member

Hey
    I installed a Dapper server just recently, and have not yet put anything on it except some basic setup, so when I found ISPConfig I decided to try it out.
    I ran through the "perfect sever setup" guide for Dapper, and that completed without errors (although due a a default umask for root I had to chown the chroot directories for named to bind).

I went to install ISPConfig, and I'm getting this error when install stops:

Any ideas or anything I should do?
    At this point reverting my system back to how it was isn't going to be fun, so if possible I'd rather just get ISPConfig running

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the errors that occured during PHP compilation. There must be some errors in the compilation output during the PHP compilation before the errors you posted.

Have you run the ISPConfig installer twice without unpacking the installer tar.gz again?

3. Random

Random New Member

No, the folder I have the extracted .tar.gz in seems to get deleted after each install attempt, along with the tar, so I redownload and re-extract after each fail.

I didn't see any errors in PHP compiling, but I seem to get that error message no matter what - if I set the amount of days for the cert to 0, the cert maker fails with "invalid days" but the overall program exits with that PHP message.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ok.
    The SSL cert script is from the OpneSSL library. You can try to accept all default values in the script, except steps 6 and 7 (if i remember correctly) where you must chose "n". It is described in the howto.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The problem is you're trying to install ISPConfig from /root/ispconfig (/root/ispconfig/install_ispconfig). You can install from any directory (e.g. /tmp), but not from /root/ispconfig as the installer tries to create that directory later on.