Install Failure ISPConfig3 - Help!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ncnoc, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ncnoc

ncnoc New Member

I have rebuilt my server several times thinking I am missing something each time, but once I get to installing ISPConfig I get to the point of running the installer and get he following error when I launch:

Specs: CentOS 5.2 / ISPConfig3

I followed this HowTo for the server setup: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-5.2

Code:
    >> Initial configuration  

Operating System: CentOS 5.2 or compatible

Following will be a few questions for primary configuration so be careful.
        Default values are in [brackets] and can be accepted with <ENTER>.
        Tap in "quit" (without the quotes) to stop the installer.

which: no apache in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no apache2 in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no getmail in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no couriertcpd in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no saslsauthd in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no amavisd-new in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no clamdscan in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no pure-ftpd in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no pure-ftpd-wrapper in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no mydns in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no mydns-ng in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    which: no jk_chrootsh in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
    Select language (en,de) [en]: 

The last time before I reinstalled the OS I got the same errors, but it let me complete the installer. Once completed I noticed that ISPConfig files seemed to not install on the server, so when I tried to launch the admin panel from the browser, it failed to load.

Please help as I am completely lost as to why it is kicking back those errors when I know everything is installed properly. I know the fix to this is probably very simple, but excuse my stupidity I am a Windows Admin slowly converting to Linux environments.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff