Install perfecte server VM on another hard drive

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Professeur, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Professeur

Professeur New Member

Hello,

I just downloaded and install on virtualbox the "perfect server Ubuntu 15.10 with nginx etc" VM.
    By default the install is on my first boot SSD (OSX El Capitan, with VirtualBox on it), 32Go of virtual/dynamic size.

But I want to install the VM on my second SSD, with a static VDI, and 64Go of static size : is it possible ?

Dans l'attente de vous lire,
    Bien à vous

Elly Jhon likes this.
  2. Professeur

Professeur New Member

Finally I installed the perfect Ubuntu server by following the tuto, with what I want (other SSD, static drive, etc).

Bien à vous

Elly Jhon likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's a setting in VirtualBox and not a setting in the VM. There must be a setting for the storage location of new virtual machines somewhere in the settings of VirtualBox.

4. Professeur

Professeur New Member

Hello Till,

In fact to install the VM file, I double clic on it : by default the VM is installed on the main SSD, with 32Go of virtual drive.
    In Virtualbox I can change the RAM, number of processors, but not the VM location and not the type of drive.

But I installed in manually without the VM File, and all works (!).

Attached Files:

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I did not meant the settings of that VM like Ram or number of processors, what I meant is the setting under File > Preferences where you can configure where new and imported virtual machines are stored.

6. Professeur

Professeur New Member

okaaay,

So I found the "default location path" (first image), but I cannot find the way to modify the size of the VM (64Go instead of 32Go), and the type of disk (static instead of dynamic) (second image).

Attached Files: