Install RHEL 8 on dedicated server OVH

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sdesprez, Apr 10, 2021.

1. sdesprez

sdesprez Member

Hello
    Has anyone already installed Red Hat 8 on a dedicated OVH server.
    RedHat is not in the list :
    First possibility : I took Install from a custom image I tried to put the ISO but it tells me qcow2 problem.
    Second : I tried to put the ISO file through IPMI but when I put the IPMI ISO files directly close.
    Fist and Second : Not working
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks in advance
    Sylvain,

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

CentOS 8 is on the list of available operating system.
    https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ie/bare-metal/rise/rise-1/
    IPMI should work, I installed Proxmox using that. But it is exremely slow: the install ISO must be uploaded from my workstation to OVH, and the bandwith is limited to something like 1 Mbit/sek. I found no way to upload the ISO to OVH so the installation via IMPI could use it.

3. sdesprez

sdesprez Member

Centos8 is in the list but Centos8 will no longer exist at the end of the year. Reason why I want to put Red Hat 8 promox is in the list though. Or I have to put Promox then RHEL8 but this is good Promox or not ?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I do not understand.
    If you install RHEL 8 on the dedicated host, you can not install Proxmox on the same host. And vice versa.
    If you install Proxmox on that dedicated host, then you can create virtual machines where you can install RHEL or whatever, and upload the install ISO first so installation goes quickly.