Install: URL Error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by nok, Feb 21, 2006.

1. nok

nok New Member

On install everything seems to go OK up until it asks for "Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de):"

I tried entering my domain (which I can ping) from the server but I get the following error...

Code:
    ERROR: The URL is not reachable! The installation routine stops here!

The file "/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php" doesn't seem to exist so I am unable to edit it manually!

Any advice?
    Nok
    ________
    starcraft 2 replay
    ________
    Kitchen Measures

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you enter server1 as hostname and example.com as domain, then the installer will try to ping server1.example.com, not just example.com. So make sure the hostname/domain combination can be pinged.

3. nok

nok New Member

The server I am setting up is the domain, so the DNS is not yet set up for things yet (ISP Config will do this after the install).

Is there anyway to install it and then add the server domain in ISP Config?
    ________
    hotels in mexico
    ________
    Dc Marijuana Dispensaries

4. nok

nok New Member

Seems to be installed now (fiddled with the hostname of the system).

However - I dont seem to be able to access via the domain (only via local IP) do I need to activate the domain of the server within ISP Config?

Also it seems slow to load pages (i went for the secure option) will none secure be quicker? or is it a slow(ish) system (it's a 1.4Ghz + 256Mb Ram) - testing server!
    ________
    GA
    ________
    Lost advice
    ________
    IOLITE VAPORIZER REVIEW

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Put the domain into /etc/hosts.

You can't access it from the outside before you create the appropriate DNS records...
    If the ISPConfig server should be the primary DNS server for your domain, you must create the DNS records there.

That's because you now have the domain (which doesn't exist in DNS) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php so the system tries to load pages from that domain. Put your IP address into that file instead and use your IP address to access ISPConfig (until your DNS records are working).

6. nok

nok New Member

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer