Installation on PPC Linux

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by brent.stephens, Nov 29, 2005.

1. brent.stephens

brent.stephens New Member

I finally have a fully functioning (I think) install of ISPConfig 2.1.1 running on my Mac mini, which is soon to be colocated. I very nearly completely gave up today after endless frustration with things breaking. I am posting this here, but I think it really belongs in the Development forum where I don't have the privilege of starting a new thread.

What follows is a list of things that are broken specifically on the PPC side of things. These are all strictly binary issues.

1. ~admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/unzip/unzip is broken
    • The fix is to install zip/unzip and copy the binary to the appropriate place

2. ~admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/zip/zip is broken
    • The fix is to install zip/unzip and copy the binary to the appropriate place

3. ~admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/tcpserver/ispconfig_tcpserver is broken
    • I have not yet figured out a fix for this, as it seems that this is a unique binary

4. Both cronolog and cronosplit in /root/ispconfig are broken
    • The fix is to install cronolog and copy both binaries to the appropriate place
    • As a side note...this being broken wreaks all kinds of havoc with Apache

After fixing these issues and some PHP/Apache2 config warnings, I believe ISPConfig is now fully functioning. One of the best things about ISPConfig is that much of it is compiled from source by default. Is it possible to get all of the binaries built from source, so we can have something truly multiplatform "out of the box"?

In the end, I definitely appreciate the quite obvious hard work being put into this product. The fact that I put up with so many entry-level issues speaks volumes to how far ahead of the rest of the OSS world you guys are. Kudos.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig was never tested on PPC before because none of the Core developers has a MAC. Nice to hear that you got it working.

The issues 1,2 and 4 are also there with 64BIT systems, we will see if we can compile these binaries too.

3) the tcpserver is only needed for vsftpd, so if you use proftpd everything will be OK.

3. brent.stephens

Is there anything else that might not be working due to architecture issues that I haven't stated? I really need to know, as we will be colocating by the end of the week. I have noticed that bandwidth usage doesn't seem to be showing up, but I figured it might have to do with the fact that everything has been tested on an internal network or that the limits I have set so far have been unlimited ones. Should I expect all my limits in the future to work properly?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If the bandwidth usage does not show up 24 hours later (they are calculated nightly), you may have to look if all cronjobs in the root crontab are run properly. Check the sysleg for errors.

The limits will only work if the stats are calculated.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Also make sure that ISPConfig is using the correct Apache log file (it is set somewhere under (Management -> Server -> Settings).

6. brent.stephens

Thanks a great deal for the help. I'm pretty sure everything is functioning well at this point. I was so close to giving up before my 2-4am last stand.