Installation stops when checking for mysql

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gfts, Mar 13, 2006.

1. gfts

gfts New Member

Greetings,

I am still trying to play around with my machine, before i make it a full fledged production server, with installs, and re-installs on the machine.

I have downloaded ispconfig 2.2, and when trying to install it, i get the error mysql is not running.

However, mysql is running, but i had changed the default username, and the password for mysql database, as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, to make mysql more secured.

I had to revert back to the default username password to get the installation through, to install ispconfig, which i didn't want to though.

How can i continue to install ispconfig, with the new username and password for mysql.

Thanks

2. gfts

gfts New Member

Also, i have made a few partitions, on the machine, as /, /boot, /home, /tmp ,/chroot ...

When i try to install ispconfig, it keeps getting me errors, basically, giving me an error with php.

Do i have to use only 2 partions, as mentioned ?

Thanks

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use any mysql user you created to install ISPConfig, as long as this user is allowed to connect to the mysql database from localhost and the user has the permission to create databases.

4. till

You can use as many partitions as you want as long as the partitions are large enough to store the data. Without posting the exact error messages you got during installation I'am unable to help you.

5. gfts

gfts New Member

Hello,

I am currently, reformatting my hdd, and just putting simple 2 partitions, namely /boot, /, /swap to check and try installing ISPConfig. Once it installs without errors, i will once again reformat my hdd, and try installing ispconfig again, and will let you know, if there are errors or it went flawlessly.

6. gfts

gfts New Member

Hello again,

When i'm trying to install ispconfig, i get the errors as under :
    Checking for MySql unix socket location .. no
    configure error :Cannot find mysql header under /usr
    Note that Mysql client library is not bundled any more
    ERROR : couldnot configure PHP
    cd: error retrieving current directory: getcwd : cannot access parent directories ......
    ERROR : The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig doesnot work properly on your system! THe installation routine stops here :((

7. till

Please install the mysql-devel packages from your linux distribution.

8. gfts

gfts New Member

I just realised and did that, after there was an error, but now, there was an error with spamassassin. I am trying to install the setup again, will post as it completes.

Thanks