Installed ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by JULINT, Nov 7, 2022.

1. JULINT

JULINT Member

Hi,
    I have successfully install ispconfig3 with php multiple version 7.4, 8.0 and 8.1

But i need to update php default version to 8.0

Please help me step by step to update php default version, without reinstalling ispconfig3 .

2. JULINT

JULINT Member

Hi ,
    If i go to linux command line, cd /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web

and type php artisan route:list
    it will showing error that default php version is 7.4 , but laravel need to use php 8.0

How to solve this

3. JULINT

JULINT Member

Here is the screenshot

Attached Files:

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You do not have to update the PHP default version and you can't even do that as ISPConfig stable versions require PHP between 5.33 and 7.4. PHP 8 and 8.1 as default version will be supported in ISPConfig 3.2.9.

To run your Laravel command with PHP 8, use PHP 8 binary and not PHP 7.4 binary:

cd /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web
    php8.0 artisan route:list

ahrasis likes this.
  5. JULINT

JULINT Member

Hi Till,

Thanks for helping me.. it works

6. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

assuming you're ssh'd in as that web user. you could create a .bashrc file in the ssh users home folder, and add
    Code:
    alias php='/usr/bin/php8.0'

saves having to remember to add the version number to the php command every time you ssh in.

@till i though i saw somewhere something about automatically creating a .bashrc file (bash.bashrc.master). could this not be created for every ssh user account and include an alias for the php version, if the site php version is changed, and ssh users exist, automatically changing the php alias in .bashrc for them at the same time would be a good way to ensure they're always using the same php version via the cli.

ahrasis and till like this.
  7. till

That's a good idea. I'll add it to the issue tracker.

ahrasis and Th0m like this.
  8. till