Installing Frontpage Extensions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by stlshawn, Oct 10, 2005.

1. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

Gooooooooood evening everyone!

Just two small questions, that may be answered in the manuals (that i of course have not read yet).

I installed using the prefered setup, and the instructions here. I'll be registering a domain name tomorrow, and all will be well.

Since i have not gotten a domain yet, i know i cannot get subdomains yet, but when i do, can i just change the settings in ispconfig's management tab, or do i have to do lots of evil stuff to lots of files (should i re-install)?

And.....

After i get the domain thing straightened out, I need to install Frontpage extensions for some of the designers/maintainers of these oddball sites. Is there something i should worry about, or can i look up a generic "installing frontpage extensions on debian 3.1" sort of answer through some search engine (I don't google)?

There's a long history to this project, i won't bore you with, it has to do with an ISP/Computer store going out of biz, and some charity domains that needed a quick home, blah blah blah blah.

Thanks for any and all help.

Be Happy! :D
    Shawn

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can create the websites for your Domain in ISPConfig. Thats the purpose of this software :)

You can use generic installations instructions that are e.g. provided by microsoft. But you have to install the Frontpage 2002 extensions, no other version will work with ISPConfig.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If this refers to the URL where you can reach the ISPConfig web interface, then you only have to adjust the URL in /home/admispconfig/ispconfg/lib/config.inc.php.

4. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

Clarification

Sorry in my ramblings i hid the details,,,,,

Clarification one:

I have setup a server, but i have not registered a domain name yet for the IP. I read on another post, that i need to do this before going too far. When i do register a domain, can i just change it ISPConfig's software under "management - Server-Settings", or do i have to re-install and not skip the parts i needed to skip since i didn't put in www then stlshawn.com right near the end of the install? Right now, i access through the ip number plus :81.

And two:
    Has anyone actually had Frontpage extensions 2002 load properly on a recommended install? I see lots of older posts on tricks to use to get it to work with debian sarge on the debian wiki, are they still needed? I intend within the next two or three days to try it straight out using ms's instructions.

Thanks for your responses, Lots for me to think about. :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No need to re-install, you can change the URL in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php. :)

6. stlshawn

stlshawn New Member

Cooooooooool

thanks so much for the advice.

Ya know, when i first thought about getting into linux, i heard about how elitist nixers were, now,, after playing with vector and getting help on their forums, and with the questions i have posted here, i see that it was a myth. The linux community seems to be just that, a community wanting to see people learn real computer skills, not just how to use a mouse and check boxes in a pretty environment.

thanks so much!
    Shawn

7. domino

domino New Member

I don't have FP Ext. enabled on my server. But I have had ALOT of attempted hacking logs conserning frontpage vunerablilities. I don't know whether the hacks actually works since they are old but I still get scanned.