Integrate Let's Encrypt SSL certificates into ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by gkovacs, Sep 14, 2015.

1. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

I see, nice :)

2. lordimac

lordimac New Member

This works, yes, but the chain is incomplete using Apache 2.2.

This script creates the following entrys (should work with Apache 2.4):

Code:
    SSLCertificateFile /var/www/clients/clientx/webx/ssl/domain.tld.crt (linked to fullchain.pem)
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/www/clients/clientx/webx/ssl/domain.tld.key

If I'm using SSLCertificateChainFile instead, it works with full chain. Even SSLLabs gives me an A instead of B because of the full chain.

Code:
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.tld/cert.pem
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.tld/privkey.pem
    SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.tld/chain.pem

Is the ISPConfig Team aware of this issue? Thanks!

3. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Can it be released for production before my commercial certificate expired in summer? :p

4. dark alex

dark alex New Member

yes that would be cool to see in upstream release :D

5. Riaan

Riaan New Member

This is fantastic, thank you guys. This changes the whole game at the end of the day.
    Any release date in mind ?

6. Linus9000

Linus9000 New Member

How is the Lets Encrypt checkbox supposed to work exactly? I updated from 3.0.5.4p8 to git (commit 5e82da8c) just today (dev machine only) and it doesn't seem to create a cert when checking the box and saving. Is there anything I'm missing, maybe a package I need to install for letsencrypt?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

letsencrypt has to be installed on your server first to use that function.

8. Linus9000

Linus9000 New Member

Thank you for your answer! Now I got the following problem (Debian Jessie, letsencrypt-python installed from jessie-backports, apache2-2.4.18-1):

eb 25 15:52:57 XXX apache2[29089]: Starting web server: apache2 failed!
    Feb 25 15:52:57 XXX apache2[29089]: The apache2 configtest failed. ... (warning).
    Feb 25 15:52:57 XXX apache2[29089]: Output of config test was:
    Feb 25 15:52:57 XXX apache2[29089]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 13 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf:
    Feb 25 15:52:57 XXX apache2[29089]: <LocationMatch not allowed here

Relevant part in 000-ispconfig.conf:
    <Directory /var/www/clients>
    AllowOverride None
    Require all denied

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
    <LocationMatch "/.well-known/acme-challenge/*">
    Header set Content-Type "text/plain"
    </LocationMatch>
    </IfModule>

</Directory>

9. felan

felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have had to switch from le2ispc to ISPConfig 3.1. What would be the best way to handle letsencrypt after deleting le2ispc? Delete archive, live and config or edit all config files to fit with the configuration from ISPConfig 3.1 (have that setup running on another server)

10. lordimac

lordimac New Member

Afaik a Config Rewrite should do the Job.

Is 3.1 already useable? Because its still not released.

11. felan

3.1 is working great, actually. Just a few minor things here and there with the GUI, but nothing that I couldn't even have in production....

12. thibotus01

thibotus01 Member

Issuing worked well, but when I try to renew the certificate: "uncheck / recheck" as indicated, the expiry date still remains the same, so I'm not sure it did anything.

Ok actually the error log is:

2016-04-05 00:30:04,191:INFO:letsencrypt.cli:Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing...
    2016-04-05 00:30:04,222:DEBUG:letsencrypt.cli:Requested authenticator webroot and installer apache
    2016-04-05 00:30:04,239:DEBUG:letsencrypt.plugins.disco:No installation (PluginEntryPoint#apache):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt/plugins/disco.py", line 103, in prepare
    self._initialized.prepare()
    File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/letsencrypt_apache/configurator.py", line 152, in prepare
    raise errors.NoInstallationError
    NoInstallationError
    2016-04-05 00:30:04,241:DEBUG:letsencrypt.display.ops:No candidate plugin
    2016-04-05 00:30:04,248:DEBUG:letsencrypt.plugins.disco:Other error:(PluginEntryPoint#webroot): Missing parts of webroot configuration; please set either --webroot-path and --domains, or --webroot-map. Run with --help webroot for examples.

13. DDArt

DDArt Member

I don't know if I read it right but in 3.1 release this will be implemented and working. Can someone chime in on this because I am interested as well and I am willing to wait, my cert won't expire for another 6 months or so.

14. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, letsencrypt is already implemented and working in 3.1.

DDArt likes this.
  15. felan

IMHO not much is left for 3.1 to go live, but if you want to follow, go check the developer section on ispconfig.org

16. thibotus01

thibotus01 Member

Anyone tried to renew their certificate ? Are you facing same errors as me ?

17. Nemis

Nemis Member

"letsencrypt-auto renew" on cron as root every 5 days.

18. Nemis

Nemis Member

may u put "wget letencrypt-auto" script on ispconfig install ?

19. felan

Nemis: Nope wouldn't be a good idea since it is a GIT project and some distributions already have their own packages ready for it.

20. Nemis

Nemis Member