Is it possible with ISPconfig?

Discussion in 'General' started by som3body, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. som3body

som3body Member

Thank You Guys. Working perfectly. But I have problem with the ptr records. If I reverse lookup my ip with pingdom it says. Said this yesterday :)
    Yesterday
    Today
    Do I need to add a zone for reverse lookup? Because I have put the ptr records at the default zonefile.

I just cant get rid of the "ns2.somserver.company.tld" . Also I have in proxmox DNS settings set 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.1. Is that correct? I have tried ask the support at the company where we bought the servers, they answered.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In most cases, the reverse record is handled by the ISP that assigned you the IP. If they tell you that you have to create your own reverse record, then you have to create a reverse zone (there is a example in the manual). The ptr records go into that reverse zone, not in the zone of the domain, please delte them from domains zone.

3. som3body

som3body Member

Ok, done. Tomorrow I will continue. :)

4. som3body

som3body Member

I have read that in the manual, and understand, just do I have to do it via ispconfig, or manually create the reverse zone in bind. If I want to create a zone there is no column for SOA. I can only edit the default zone, but this way I will edit the main zonefile.

5. till

The reverse zone is a separate zone, (a reverse zone is the zone of your UP address, not related to the domain zone at all). You have to create a new dns reverse zone in ispconfig as described in the manual and then add your ptr record inside that reverse zone.

6. som3body

som3body Member

I found the solution, I needed to add a DNS Zone without the Wizard.

7. till

Yes. Sorry, I had not in mind that you tried to use the wizard for that.

8. som3body

som3body Member

Ok, not a problem. I figured it out relatively quickly.:)
    What do You think will it work? And how long I have to wait, till dns test show if it is working? By the way, its created a zone "
    in-addr.arpa.err " I hope the err does not mean error. :eek:

9. till

That is an error. Did you add NS records to the revrrse zone? If not, add them and check if the file gets saved without .err ending after a minute.

10. som3body

som3body Member

Yes, its saved correctly now. Do i need to add zone, ns and ptr for the slave server too?

11. till

If you used ispconfig mirroring, then all records get added on master and slave automatically.

12. som3body

som3body Member

I did mean if I have to add reverse dns records for the second ip too. The ns2. Because I get this while testing:

13. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That means your ns2 server did not respond. Check that it's running, and that no firewall rules are blocking access to it from the internet (usp and tcp port 53).

14. som3body

som3body Member

The above problem is solved, somehow by its own. :) But I have an another. Today I found out in ISPCONFYG system log.
    This is the main server. And now the changes on my slave server are not happening. I have changed a passwords in phpmysql and I can access the mysql database, but cant connect from the slave server. I am trying to fix this about 4 hours, but have no more idea. The last thing I have done is:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...ed-by-server-sh-server-php.65056/#post-310323
    I have a backup from: 22.4.2016, but I dont want to use it if not necessary.
    Please give me an advice, how to fix that. :(

15. till

The root password is used by ispconfig only to create new databases, it is tored in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf.php. This password is not used by slave servers to connect to the master. slave servers use the ispcsrv* users in the master mysql database to connect to the master mysql server.

16. som3body

som3body Member

So I am changed back that password. But the master and slave server still not syncing.

17. till

Then the login details are still wrong or mysql blocked the logins due to too much login failures.

18. som3body

som3body Member

The master server is not allowed to connect to the slave database:
    Host 'server1.mydomain.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 72
    Do You have any suggestion how can I fix it?

19. till

Off course not, the master servers never connects to slaves. Slaves are connecting to the master.

20. som3body

som3body Member

Ok. :)
    And do You have any idea how can I fix it? I am afraid to write anything else as my "Master" question. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.