Is it possible with ISPconfig?

Discussion in 'General' started by som3body, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. som3body

som3body Member

Because no one had better idea, I have restored my master server(virtual) from a backup witch is exactly a week old. I cant connect to a database from the slave to master, using
    I had solved this last week editing passwords in phpmyadmin, but I have changed many passwords and I dont know which one is necessary to connect from slave to master. Here is a screen from phpmyadmin. Today I have edited only: line 7 and 10. But its not working.

[​IMG]

Where:
    Line 3 - (ispcsrv2) is my slave server
    Line 4 - (ispcsrv2) is my slave server hostname(proxmox.mydomain.com)
    Line 7 - (ispcsrv2) is my slave server ip
    Line 10(second from the bottom) - my slave server hostname(proxmox.mydomain.com)
    No granted privileges for ispconfig,ispcsrv* is that ok?
    This one is like that:
    nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf - #bind-address = 127.0.0.1
    Thank You In Advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please see post #35. The slaves connect with the ispcsrv* users, not root.

Yes. The permissions are granted in the detail tables on database, table and column basis.

Thats ok. It has to be commented out as the slaves wont be able to connect to the master otherwise.

3. som3body

som3body Member

Sorry, I know I have typed it wrong. Its clear for me.
    And in the above post, I made one more mistake. I was only able to install ISPCONFIG on slave by editing those passwords. Not get sync the 2 servers. I have turned on debug mode in ISPCONFIG. I am thinking about reinstall it. Is there any safe way to do it? I have found only this: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/uninstall-ispconfig-3-from-a-slave.67278/
    Will it help?
    And I apologize if i offended you somehow. I did not mean to. Please keep in mind Iam not a native English speaker and even not sysadmin. I am just trying to learn things on the fly.

4. till

You have to create root users in MySQL to install ispconfig (thats described in the multiserver tutorial). These root users are used for the installation and later updates only. They don't get used by ispconfig. ISPConfig then creates during install the ispcsrv* users, the data of this users is gathered on the system and therefor it is really important that all hostnames are correct and that all hostnames of all nodes are stored in the /etc/hosts files on all servers (as described in the multiserver tutorials). If this base setup is not correct, then the slaves will not be able to connect to the master servers. So the next step should be to check and correct all /etc/hosts files on all servers and check all hostnames. Then you can try to fix the setup by downloading ispconfig on the slave again and running the update.php script (not install.php). The updater will ask if it shall reconfigure permissions in the master database, choose yes here so that ispconfig tries to fix the ispcsrv users.

5. som3body

som3body Member

I really appreciate Your help. I have no one else to ask. I have made things even worse I think by uninstalling ISPCONFIG on the slave before You anwered me. :(
    Is it still possible to reinstall ispconfig, and make it work? The root users were created, but I was not able to connect from the slave to the master database. The hosts are set on both servers. I am thinkining about, that last week aciddentally broke my networking, by editing resolvers. Then I have found out, that in proxmox the eth0 was empty. Then I tried to fix it, and the virtual (master) started working again. Just not sure if everything is correct. Because if I rember well The eth0 had more fields filled than vmbr1. But now it is the opposit. Could it be the problem?

6. till

Do you use a NAT network (private IP addresses on the servers) for the connections between the servers or do the servers use their external IP addresses?

7. som3body

som3body Member

I had setup bridged network (did not set up by my own), and I am trying to study how to setup it with proxmox. And I am more than sure its wrong now. I had to restart last week the server, and I think thats caused the problem.

8. till

Ok, when it is bridged so that you use the external IP addreses, then the hosts files should contain the external IP addresses as well. The mysql connects should work by hostname then, the ispconfig installer looks up the hostname and IP during installation of the slave and creates ispcsrv* users based on that data on the master mysql server. Login problems occur then later when master and slave dont agree on the IP address for the same hostname or when a hostname can not be resolved. example:

master knows host server2.tld as IP 1.2.3.4 but in the slave, server2.tld has IP 3.4.5.6. When server2 then connects to the master from his IP 3.4.5.6, mysql will reject the connection as it "knows" this hostname as IP 1.2.3.4 and the connection gets denied for security reasons.

9. som3body

som3body Member

I edited The hosts, and tried fix the networking, but made a mistake and now lost connection with both servers. I can SSH into virtual, but cant login. Its not accepting my password. I have opened a ticket where we bought the dedicated server, and now wait till they can fix it. I hope they can. Well, this is a bad day. I will let You know as soon as possible.

10. som3body

som3body Member

Servers are back. I am able again to connect to the master using
    Now I need install again ISPCONFIG on slave. But on Master, there is still records for the slave(I have recovered a backup again) but on slave I have uninstalled Ispconfig(but with errors due to unable to connect database). How can I continue? Mybe I can rerun the uninstall.php?

11. som3body

som3body Member

I have tried all 3 possibilities here is what I get:

12. till

You can remove the records that you find for the slave on the master server manually, e.g. with phpmyadmin. Make a backup bafore you do that. There is no way to remove them automatically, the uninstall.php deals only with the local removal of a ispconfig installation, it can not clean up a master server.

13. som3body

som3body Member

Hi Till.
    I dont know how to do it, resp. maybe a little bit more detailed instruction could help. But if it is not necessary for reinstalling ISPCONFIG, I will leave it like that. I have tried the installation but after the "MySQL master server database name" is ending with "Unable to connect to mysql server" But I can connect to the master as I mentioned in the above post.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  14. som3body

som3body Member

The only records I have found in PHPMYADMIN were the ispcsrv2. I have deleted them(if problem, i will restore.) I dont know where else to look for these records. The dbispconfig does not contain anything that I could guess is belonging to the slave server. My biggest problem is when trying to reinstall on slave, then its says Unable to connect to the mysql server"But I can connect using password(mysql -u root -p -h master.server.tld). I have only 2 ips, so there should be only 2 records for the granted users, the slave ip, and slave server. I found out, the mysql server listen on different ports on slave(23280) and master(22168). Is that ok?

15. som3body

som3body Member

You can close this thread, I have reinstalled the server. Thank You for Your help anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.